Adding your Tracking and CDN records
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to add additional DNS records for improved email deliverability. These records include the tracking domain and the CDN domain. By following these steps, you will enhance the deliverability of your emails. Let's get started!
Step 1: Understanding the Tracking Domain
The tracking domain is a subdomain that overrides the links used in your emails. This makes the links appear like they are coming from your actual domain, not from Mailvio. It ensures that your email links maintain a professional appearance.
Step 2: Understanding the CDN Domain
The CDN domain is used for images in your emails. By adding the CDN domain, your image links will be tracked under your own domain. This contributes to improved email deliverability.
Step 3: Adding the Tracking Domain
- Click on the "Add Tracking Domain" button.
- A new page will open with some text, but you don't need to know what kind of record you are adding yet.
- Simply click on "Add Tracking Domain" to proceed.
- The page will now require authentication.
Step 4: Authenticating the Tracking Domain
- Click on the "Authenticate" button.
- The record type will change to a CNAME record.
- The subdomain will be named "tracking" and the value will be provided.
- Note that the DNS propagation may take up to 48 hours, but in most cases, it only takes a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, your tracking domain should be authenticated.
Step 5: Adding the CDN Domain
- Inside your hosting provider, locate the section for managing DNS records.
- Find the option to add a new DNS record.
- Set the record type to CNAME.
- The host should be set as "cdn" (subdomain).
- The target or value will be provided.
- Set the TTL to the lowest value possible.
- Click "Save" to add the record.
Step 6: Authenticating the CDN Domain
- Once the record is saved, go back to the Mailvio dashboard.
- Click on the "Authenticate" button for the CDN domain.
- It may take a minute or two for the DNS record to resolve.
- After a short wait, your CDN domain should be fully authenticated.
Congratulations! The additional DNS records have been successfully added. Please note that timing may vary when adding DNS records, and DNS propagation can take time. If you have further questions, please reach out to us here.